Online platforms have allowed for people to access and compare from different brands and products in order to get the best deal. People are becoming increasingly aware of shopping around online. According to research done by Accenture, 30% of respondents are likely to switch their insurance within a period of 12 months. But what about the remaining 70%?
Derek Wilson, Head of Hippo.co.za, says, “Although online comparisons and purchases are increasing, many people are still purchasing insurance and financial products the old fashioned way – contacting different providers directly – which is a lengthier and less convenient way to compare quotes.
“Online comparison sites are there to assist consumers in getting the best value for their money. 8 out of 10 people could save an average of R427 per month* by comparing and switching car insurance providers through Hippo.co.za,” says Wilson.
Research has shown that that amongst the most popular items compared and purchased online are books, computer hardware and software, electronic devices, clothing apparel, toys, video games, DVD’s and health and beauty products.
“Saving on costs by comparing insurance and financial products online can be just as beneficial as comparing and purchasing these tangible goods. What’s more, consumers can save time shopping around, since Hippo instantly retrieves the latest price quotes from 14 different directly from their online quoting engines and presents them to you so you can easily compare prices and benefits of each one. aThen to buy your insurance or to find out more simply selectyour preffered provider by clicking “I’m Interested” then the provider will be in contact with you during working hours to assist you in activating your new cover,” Wilson concludes.
Established in 2007, hippo.co.za is South Africa’s leading comparison website that helps consumers save money by comparing a range of SA providers across financial products such as car insurance, home insurance, life insurance, medical and more. Hippo is free to use and saves consumers the time and hassle of shopping around for the best deal since the Hippo.co.za website instantly retrieves real-time quotes from the different providers using the latest Internet technology. At least 8 out of 10 people could save an average of R427* per month on their car insurance.
Hippo.co.za makes money by simply charging its partners a fee when a customer chooses to find out more about their products. The results consumers see, and the order in which they are presented, is in no way influenced by the fee hippo.co.za charges its partners or any other factors other than the price of the product being compared.
For more information, visit us on www.hippo.co.za, connect with Hippo on LinkedIn, http://www.linkedin.com/company/hippo-comparative-services-pty-ltd/, like us on Facebook, www.facebook.com/HippoSA, and follow us on Twitter @Hippo_co_za and YouTube, http://www.youtube.com/user/hippocompare.
Hippo Comparative Services (Pty) Ltd is an authorized financial services provider (FSP number: 16357).
*Based on a representative market research survey conducted by Kaufman Levin Associates, on behalf of Hippo.co.za in May 2014. Risk Profile Dependent.